Re: How bad is Isentress

I wanted to reply to a question from someone about bad dreams and fatigue from Isentress.

I switched almost a year ago from Atripla because the dreams were so intense that I could not rest and the fatigue was so intense that I could not function well during the day.

I switched to Isentress and Truvada. There was instant relief in comparison to Atripla and this was like a wonder drug to me.

Over the past few months however the dreams have come back much stronger than they have been over the last 7 or 8 months but still nothing like on Atripla.

I think that this drug simply has not been studied long enough to fully understand it but I have found that if i changed my timing to 6pm or so my dreams are not as severe. I think the reason might be because im not taking it with food and its in the system longer prior sleep.

This however is all theory and only my personal experience.

When i first started I thought i was done with the dreams but now im simply glad that they are not so action packed that im staring in a movie every night.

Good Luck

There has been a modest signal for brain/CNS effects of raltegravir from available studies and experience (more needed as you point out). One might consider trying a boosted protease inhibitor if that otherwise is an option to see what effect such a switch has on your sleep/dreams. If persistent after a switch then seems unlikely to be due directly to the HIV meds. KH

Getting off Amitriptyline
Loud heart beat