Getting off Amitriptyline

My partner is taking Ativan (2mg) three times daily and amitriptyline (25mg) at bedtime. He is also on a 4 antibiotics, Kaletra and Truvada. His CD4 count just went over 200 and his mental state is vastly improved from 2 years ago when he needed to the ativan and amitriptyline. He is now fine mentally. I feel he is overmedicated and no longer needs so much ativan and does not need the amitriptytine. I understand he needs to very gradually reduce the ativan but what about the amitriptyline? This combination makes him half awake all day and zombie like in the morning. His doctor agrees in principal but does not want to act until he hears from the Psych. Meanwhile, it is very difficult to see or speak with the psych. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

Generally OK to stop amitryptiline in the setting you describe. KH

ED/Decreased libido
Re: How bad is Isentress