Should I switch medications?

I am on the Trizivir/Viramune regime for the last 10 years, my CD4 count is around 600/700 and viral load <189. Do you think it is time to switch to a more current/new regime? I have some wasting in my legs and arms, just wonder if it is time to look at something new.

Depending on your past treatment history a switch from the Trizivir to either Epzicom or Truvada may decrease risk for future side effects such as further fat loss in arms and legs. Your HIV specialist is the best person to discuss the pros and cons of switching knowing your entire treatment and clinical history. KH

Can certain Vaccines lead to a False Positive?
How bad is Isentress