What part of the brain does hiv dementia effect?
Sep 13, 2010
What part of the brain does hiv dementia effect? What would be the first recommended drug?
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV can have a broad effect throughout the brain. The best treatment for prevention or to reverse HIV dementia is effective suppression of HIV levels in blood with antiretroviral medication. There is no specific drug for HIV dementia that has been shown to be safe and effective. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Vicodin Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- The Symptoms Of Stomach Pain And Hot Flashes
- Vaginal Pressure Prickling And Tingling
- What Causes Vaginal Dryness In Young Women?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.