Medrol - problem ?
Sep 10, 2010
I have been HIV+ for 2 yrs. Taking Atripla. Last labs, CD4 500, VL undetectable. I now have a bad ankle and the orthopedist prescribed Medrol 4mg, 3x daily for 7 days.
Any problems that you are aware of ?
Keep Up The Good Work Here, it really helps !
Response from Dr. Henry
Short term use of corticosteroids can be useful for a variety of conditions involving swelling, pain, and/or inflammation. Such short term use is usually safe but can modestly increase risk for diabetes or other problems (such as aseptic necrosis of the hip) in certain situations. OK to take with the Atripla. I would make sure your HIV doctor is aware of situation. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Would The Doctor Tell You Right Away About The Result Of Hiv Test
- Is Vaginal Thrush And Vaginal Yeast Infection The Same Thing?
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Can You Get An Hiv Test?
- What Are The Best Ways To Fight Against Hiv Aids?
- Night Sweats Diarrhea And Hiv
- If A Man Swallowed His Own Sperm Could He Get Hiv Or Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.