Sep 7, 2010
I was recently exposed to HIV and I am currently on PEP consisting of Truvada once a day. I have been reading possible side effects of the drug. One of my concerns is that I've had jaw surgery about three years ago and have some weak jaw bones. The sides effects mention possible osteonecrosis. It also lists lipodistrophy as a side-effect. How likely are any of these to happen? I have been having some jaw pains since I started taking the med x 2 days ago but I am not sure if these two things are related.
Response from Dr. Henry
Three Different Med - Three Skin Rash
Medrol - problem ?
- Can Hiv Spread Through Tears?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Neuropathy?
- What Organs Does Hepatitis Affect?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Are Sore Throat Aches Pains Fatigue Fever Chills Hiv Symptoms?
- Would Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Pain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.