Sep 7, 2010
I was recently exposed to HIV and I am currently on PEP consisting of Truvada once a day. I have been reading possible side effects of the drug. One of my concerns is that I've had jaw surgery about three years ago and have some weak jaw bones. The sides effects mention possible osteonecrosis. It also lists lipodistrophy as a side-effect. How likely are any of these to happen? I have been having some jaw pains since I started taking the med x 2 days ago but I am not sure if these two things are related.
Response from Dr. Henry
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Iron Deficiency A Sign Of HIV Infection?
- What Free Clinic In Elizabeth New Jersey Offers Rapid Hiv Testing?
- If Condom Popped But Person Did Not Cum Is There Possibiliy For Hiv Infection?
- How Much Does Megace Es Cost?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of Anemia?
- I Have Cytomegalovirus Does That Mean I Have Aids
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.