Three Different Med - Three Skin Rash

Help..I'm scared. I first started with Atripla, and after 9 days I developed a severe skin rash all over my body, legs, and arms. Then I was switched to Truvada, Reyataz and Norvir. Again, after 9 days I developed a severe skin rash all over my body, legs, and arms. Then I was switched to Truvada, Prezista and Norvir. Once again, after 9 days I developed a severe skin rash all over my body, legs, and arms. I'm getting very worried that my body may not be able to take any harsh medicine. Has there been similar cases to me? I saw a blog that said I could be Anemia..but my Dr said that was not my case. Any advice?

Many patients will develop rashes for a variety of reasons during first months on effective HIV treatment. In some cases may be due to a reaction to a specific drugs while in other situations can be due to immune reconstitution causing flare-ups of folliculitis/seborrhea and other conditions. Often symptom management will allow for most patients to be treated through the rash for 1-2 mohths after which often will abate. There is a small subset of patients who seem to have sensitivity to a wide range of medications/chemicals. Again. trying to treat through the rash (sometimes get help from a dermatologist) often is a reasonable approach. A small subset of patients may get a rash from one of the components of the Truvada so that is something else to consider. KH

Switching back to original combo after Atripla
PEP