Switching back to original combo after Atripla

I have been on Truvada, reyataz and Novir for over 4 years. Recently, after a go ahead from my ID doctor, I decided to change to Atripla for mainly convenience, it works out cheaper for me to pay one co-pay for one drug as opposed to 3 co-pays of $35 for each of the three drugs on my combo. However, I have been on Atripla for almost two weeks and just yesterday noticed a strange rash on my arms and hands. Its slightly itchy and in some cases looks red like it was an insect bite. In addition to the other side effects I am still delaing with (though not as bad as the 1st few days) this just seems to be a lot deal with and I am regretting having changed my regimen. Would it be wise for me to go back to my original combo of Truvada, Reyataz and Norvir?

You generally would be able to switch back to your previous Truvada and boosted atazanavir based regimen. Since most of the problems with efavirenz are seen early (such as rash and central nervous system complaints) and then often improve after 3-4 weeks you may consider waiting another 1-2 months (recommend discussing with your HIV provider). KH

Undetectable but with high LDL levels
Three Different Med - Three Skin Rash