|Prophylactic treatment post needle stick injury
Sep 7, 2010
Hi If I take this prophylactic treatment and the source test result is negative, I have been advised to stop the treatment. However my question is if I do this and later in my career have another needle stick injury from a higher risk source how effective will the prophylactic treatment be then?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Later use of HIV drugs for PEP should still work fine in majority of situations. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Swallow The Semen Of Hiv Infected Person Can You Get Hiv?
- Hiv Transmission Through The Nose
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- You Can Still Get Hpv With A Condom
- When Does Herpes Symptoms Appear After Infection?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.