Prophylactic treatment post needle stick injury
Sep 7, 2010
Hi If I take this prophylactic treatment and the source test result is negative, I have been advised to stop the treatment. However my question is if I do this and later in my career have another needle stick injury from a higher risk source how effective will the prophylactic treatment be then?
Response from Dr. Henry
Later use of HIV drugs for PEP should still work fine in majority of situations. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Syphilis Lead To Hiv?
- What Is The Danger If Hiv Is Left Untreated?
- Chances Of Getting Hiv One Time Of Unprotected Sex
- Can Hiv Virus Pass Through The Pores Of Condoms?
- Why Do I Get Yeast Infections And Thrush Of The Mouth?
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.