Atripla/Quad Severe Itching

I am currently in the Phase 3 Clinical Trial double blinded Atripla/Quad...I think Im on Atripla due to initial problems with sleep/dreams BUT my question is this.

After about 3 weeks of treatment (with no problems)I had severe itching on back and chest and small inflamation bumps. No rash.

After trying Zyrtec and seeing 2 Dermotologists one of them gave me a Medrol Dose pack and the itching stopped immediately. Well about 10 days later I'm itching again like crazy!!! My provider thinks it could be related to immune reconstitution and the dermatologist just isnt sure. Does this ever go away? Some days are just brutal I cannot continue this treatment with these symptoms and my provider is very adament not to change anything on the antiretroviral side.

Aside from that I've had great response CD4 36 to 240 in 30 days and over 2MM viral load down to 20,000

Could well be due to immune reconstitution-I have seen flare-ups of eosinophilic folliculitis for example that may need topical/systemic antifungals and sometimes corticosteroid topicals or short term oral treatment. Calamine lotion, topical steroids, and use of ketoconazole shampoo as regular soap in areas of rash variable help some patients. Usually will diminish after 1-3 months-need to be further monitored given the impressive nature of the rash you describe! KH

Why did it take so long to show up
Good News re: Atripla Rash