Sep 1, 2010
What do we need to do to prevent pre-mature aging of body cells?
Response from Dr. Henry
If available and depending on the nature of the problems with stavudine, it is most often switched to tenofovir or abacavir (if HLA B5701 negative or low risk for hypersensitivity reactio) or ziduvudine. Avoiding premature aging in the setting of HIV infection is a hot research topic for which no easy answers though good treatment of HIV infection remains important to improve long term health outcomes. KH
- Transmission Methods Of Hiv Aids Std
- Swollen Lymph Glands Under Armpit And Hiv Risk
- In The Earliest Stage Of Hiv Infection Can Symptoms May Be Mistaken For The Flu
- What Is The Difference Between Gonorrhea And Hiv?
- Are There Ways To Treat Swollen Lymph Nodes With Hiv?
- How To Have Sex With Hiv Positive Partner Safely?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.