Nothing is working for me

My triglycerides are through the roof, my cholesterol is WAY over 300. I've been taking Norvir, Reyataz and Truvada, along with Crestor and turned into a vegan. I've been doing this for over a year now. NOTHING has moved my numbers. Lately my kidneys have been killing me to the point where if I don't lay down and take some kind of pain killer I become immobile from the pain. I am to the point now where I am about to stop taking everything and give up. This is my second regiment of meds, before this I was taking Atripla for two years and got fed up with that one giving me a major hangover everyday and leaving me nonfunctional until well into he afternoon. I'm really fed up with this and changing meds again is in my opinion only going to narrow my choices even further unless something new comes along.

Genetics, diet, and exercise can also be important contributing factors. Some patients have increases in cholesterol from efavirenz (Atripla) or a boosted protease inhibitor. If your treatment/resistance picture is OK then consideration of nevirapine or raltegravir may be switch options. Fish oil, niacin, and /or fibrates can also be helpful for some lipid elevation situations depending on the details. Often the situation you describe is extremely frustrating for patient and clinicians to achieve goals, KH

Tired of Diarrhea
Wheres local help