Tired of Diarrhea

I am a 54-yr old male who has been HIV+ since 2004. My CD4 is 608 and my viral load is undetectable due to Atripla. I have had diarrhea ever since I converted. I have changed hiv medications temporarily to see if my meds were the cause, but there was no change in the diarrhea. I have also seen a MD/Gastroenterologist now for 5 years. To help avoid the embarrassing uncontrollable diarrhea, he has put me on Lomotil, which alleviates the symptoms, but not the cause. He has performed many upper and lower GI examinations and a CT scan. I've swallowed a camera. I have no intestinal infections or parasites. The only thing that we know is that my small bowel is hyperactive. The CT scan also revealed that I have polycystic liver and kidney disease, which is possibly hereditary. I'm getting tired of it. Do you have other suggestions for me? Diarrhea-tired.

Lactose or gluten sensitivity, fat malabsorption, unusual bacterial flora in gut, stress, occult cystic fibrosis, ongoing problems with tenofovir or other drugs, and many other factors can in some cases contribute for to what is often a frustrating situation. HIV sometimes messes up the gut leading to persistent problems even if virus us suppressed and CD4 counts are OK. KH

efavirenz please be clear
Nothing is working for me