LGV positve

After recently going. to the G.I. doctor because of a bout of rectal bleeding that would not stop, I found out that I had LGV. I was diagnosed with HIV in 2007 and started on treatment right away. I always found that I was having gastrointestinal problems but never thought anything of it as they always subsided. Also had rectal bleeding after being diagnosed with HIV but thought was just hemorrhoids which also went away without treatment. My question is they only gave me 2 weeks of Doxycline and some shot to treat for chlamydia. Being that I have a different strain of the chlamydia was this enough? Should I ask for more treatment? Also how prevalent is it here in the U.S. now among MSM? I was researching that it was not many cases back in 2006 here. I am a fairly young 30 year old gay black male that just seems to have the worst luck with my health. I feel like I am beginning to fear ever having an active sex life again being that I always seem to contract everything.

The standard treatment for diagnosed LGV is 21 days of doxycycline 100 mg BID-there are few decent alternatives. The cure rate is not 100% so sometimes therapy has to be repeated or an alternative treatment considered. Since diagnosis is often empiric alternative diagnosis need to be considered if symptoms don't improve. KH

side effects
On arv's, the cd4 counts dropped.