GAS N ACIDITY

HELLO DOC, IS HYPER ACIDITY AND GAS PROBLEMS ARE DUE TO MY CURRENT MEDICINE? I AM ON FIRST LINE OF MEDICINE AS PER INDIAN GOVERMENT HOSPITAL THAT IS ZIDOVUDINE 300mG + LAMIVUDINE 150mg + NEVIRAPINE 200mg. I AM FACING PROBLEM OF BURPING VERY BADLY FROM PAST ONE YEAR. PLEASE GUIDE ME HOW GET RID OF IT AND THE REASONS FOR THE SAME. MY CD4 COUNT AS ON TODAY IS 450 BEFORE 6 MONTHS IT WAS 517. IS THIS CHANGE IS NORMAL OR HAVE TO BE TAKEN IN NOTICE AND NEEDS CARE. SECOUNDLY I WANT TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MY GOVERNMENT DOC THAT I HAVE TO TAKE THIS MEDICINE EXACTLY AFTER 12 HOURS FROM THE FIRST ONE, SO MY QUESTION IS THAT IS RISKY IF I TAKE MEDICINE 5 TO 10 MINUTES EARLY OR LATE SOMETIMES FOR INSTANCE SAY TWICE IN A WEEK. DOES THIS MAKE ME RESISTANCE TO MY CURRENT MEDICINE.

Many non HIV conditions can cause increased burping though the zidovudine can do that as well (if possible discussion with HIV doc or primary care doc is recommended). You can dose the meds in a less rigid manner than exactly every 12 hours in most situations (often range can be 8-16 hours). Your CD4 count is already decent and seems to be heading in the right direction so that overall is reassuring. KH

Warfarin and Efavirenz
Late presenter - prognosis?