atripla dreaming

Hello......I have been on Atripla for 2 years and the only side effect I seem to have is the dreaming. Lately they have become constant. I go to sleep with no problem but then when the med kicks in about 2 hours later I start to dream and the dreams continue for the rest of the night. Its like I am almost awake watching myself dream. I took Trazadone for 3 days but that didn't help the constant dreaming. Is there a time period which I should take the Trazadone b/4 it starts to work or do you have any other suggestions on how I can control the dreaming. Thank you.

Trazodone won't consistently improve dreaming problems likely due to the efavirenz in the Atripla. If available one might consider a trial on a different HIV regimen (ie substitute raltegravir, nevirapine, or a boosted PI for the efavirenz) so see how the dreams/sleep are impacted if they are bothering you to a significant degree. KH

had same side effects with this PEP combo
vomiting after taking daily threatment