Aug 4, 2010
At what level is in necessary to start taking meds affecting the viral load in the body ?
Response from Dr. Henry
There is a broad consensus that treatment should be started once CD4 count near 350 or lower. Increasing data supports treatment with CD4 350-500 though resource limitations are a major concern. The jury is still out about treatment with CD4 counts > 500 where there may be a modest benefit but not well determined and resource/cost issues may impede such expanded use of HIV meds. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
- What Does Gonorrhea Discharge Look Like?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Start To Scab?
- What Is The Normal Range On Herpes 2 Igg Test?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.