EFIVARENZ SIDE EFFCTS IN FIRST TRIMESTER OF PREGNANCY
Aug 4, 2010
Should I ask my physician to take me off efv a.s.s.p as iam pregnant in my ist trimester. i have read the risks of efv on on the foetus.Should I be very worried??
Response from Dr. Henry
Female patients on an efavirenz based regimen who become pregnant are usually switched to an alternative regimen (such as nevirapine or a boosted protease inhibitor based regimen) for the remainder of the pregnancy. I would discuss with your HIV provider promptly to assess your options. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush In Mouth Swollen Lips
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Skin Lesion On Hand Of Aids Patient With Kaposi's Sarcoma
- Has Anyone Ever Recovered From Hiv
- Chances Of An Hiv Positive Woman Infecting Negative Men
- How Possible Is It To Get Hiv After Unprotected Sex Once?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.