|how do i manage side affects of atripla?
Jul 21, 2010
| Response from Dr. Henry
If you are still in first weeks/months of Atripla then some of those side effects may diminish. If you are > 6-8 weeks out then you may be one of the unlucky (10% or less) who have persistent annoying side effects from usually the efavirenz. I would discuss a possible switch from Atripla to perhaps Truvada (containing the two remaining meds in Atripla) + a boosted protease inhibitor or raltegravir depending on the situation. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What If I've Never Had Sex And I Have Herpes?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does Gonorrhea Look Like In The Mouth?
- What Does Genital Herpes Look Like On Women?
- What Can Happen If Hpv Goes Untreated?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.