|how do i manage side affects of atripla?
Jul 21, 2010
| Response from Dr. Henry
If you are still in first weeks/months of Atripla then some of those side effects may diminish. If you are > 6-8 weeks out then you may be one of the unlucky (10% or less) who have persistent annoying side effects from usually the efavirenz. I would discuss a possible switch from Atripla to perhaps Truvada (containing the two remaining meds in Atripla) + a boosted protease inhibitor or raltegravir depending on the situation. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Does Candidiasis Cause Itchy Rashes?
- Will Shingles Cause Pain On One Side Only?
- Will My Hair Grow Back After Syphilis Treatment?
- What Type Of Antibiotic Treats Chlamydia?
- What Medications Are Prescribed For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.