|hiv and hep A + B
Jul 21, 2010
Hi I tested positive few months ago, I then made an appointment to follow up. Where they ran more blood tests and everything came back fine except Hep A + B which tested positive.My cd4 count was 317 and since the Hep was + I was told to start treatment, which I have to take every night before I go to bed.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Recommendation depends on more details. If you have evidence for active hepatitis B that needs treatment then starting HIV treatment is also recommended (can often do both at the same time with tenofovir + FTC=Truvada in US). If you are taking a pill before bed for your HIV that most likely is Atripla which contains the same meds as Truvada both of which are good hepatitis B drugs (2 diseases treated at once). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.