Lipodystophy and exercise

I am a 39 yr old black female who has been living with Hiv for 10 years. My Cd-4 count is 698 and my viral load is undetectable and I am fairly healthy. I am currently taking Invirase and Reyataz and have noticed within the last few years that I have a large midsection. I am small every where else except for my large belly. I have even had people ask me if I were pregnant. Talk about embarassing. I just had my hip replaced 4 months ago due to AVN and need some guidance as to what types of exercises should I do to help lose the belly. I went from 99lbs to 160lbs in 2 years. I am embarassed and depressed. Are there any diets, such as the fat belly diet that you would reccomend. I have a bad sweet tooth and I love carbs. Please help me. I would like to fit into my clothes again.

I do not have a specific exercise regimen to recommend. I urge you to consult a dietician/nutritionist and exercise trainer to come up with a personalize plan that would work for you for many years (to tip the balance over time to more calories burned up versus consumed). You may also want to discuss with your HIV provider whether any other HIV regimen may be more attractive as to fat distribution concerns. KH

HIV tinnitus supoort group
PEP and alcohol