Return of Side Effects (part 2)

This is a follow up question to one I posted earlier. Sorry for being persistent. In your response you focused on my partner's diarrhea but he is prone to GI problems and broccoli is probably the culprit in that regard (he lowered his dose of magnesium due to the antacid issue I mentioned so that doesn't seem likely). Moreover, he only has a bowel movement once or twice a day so it isn't technically diarrhea.

More generally we are worried about that fact that he is experiencing most of the side effects he had the first week of treatment, i.e., insomnia, fatigue, headache, some dizziness. None of it is terrible but they seemed to have gone away after a week. Do these symptoms recur sometimes on and off over time or is it unusual for side effects to return once they appear to have cleared up. He has only been on treatment a total of 28 days today. We are also worried about whether the magnesium might have affected his absorption of the raltegravir.

GI symptoms can smoulder on and off for some patients-frustrating and often hard to pin down the culprit. KH

Return of side effects
HIV tinnitus supoort group