Erection Issues

I am angrily perplexed. With all the OBVIOUS erection problems that occur with HIV and/or HIV medication, why is SO LITTLE known as to the cause/effect? Getting it up is not rocket science. Simple "hydraulics". No studies? No concern? Or perhaps it is done by medical-pharmaceutical-government design to keep those of us infected from having sex and keeping us dumb in the process ?!?!? Who REALLY knows what is in all those pills we so readily accept?! I can only get it up when my free testosterone is in the 1100 range. Good luck finding a doc who will help with that. They all prefer to keep you in the low 500 or lower range so yeah depression and all sorts of other things can become a problem due to low testosterone, and then the docs blame it all on depression or psychological issues !

Why so much lack of concern on this issue from the medical community? Is ignorance their bliss?!

The market for erectile dysfunction (ED) in large while the market for HIV-related is comparatively small so companies unfortunately not motivated much to study the problem in HIV+ patients. Testosterone replacement is a complicated issue (2 articles with editorial in New England Journal of Medicine this week on the matter with one study showing possible increased risk for heart attacks with testosterone replacement). Your frustration is widely shared by many patients. Often a user-friendly urologist can offer helpful recommendations (besides the Viagra type of prescriptions) including vacuum or inflatable pumps in certain situations. KH

Atripla Rash Returned at Week 4
lymphoma