Atripla Rash Returned at Week 4

Hi, I got my initial bout of full body rash at Day 8 of taking Atripla, which completely cleared up within 7 days. This morning, exactly 4 weeks after starting, and after a a rather big night on the beer, I awoke to find that the rash had come back with a vengeance...its not itchy, buts its quite warm to touch and my upper body is completely covered except for my face and forearms, and hands...

Is this likely that its related to the amount i drank? To put it in perspective, i didn't wake up with a hangover, but certainly had 5 or 6 beers at least....

Is this related to the not-eating/drinking 2 hours before taking the drug because of the extra uptake by your body?

I know, a lot of what-if's, but i'd be interested to hear if you have heard of the rash reoccuring and under what circumstances?

Many Thanks

Could well be a relatively late flare-up of an efavirenz related rash though other possibilities seem more likely. I would inform your HIV doc and monitor clinical status continuing current meds in most cases. Alcohol can trigger flushing/vasodilitation perhaps heightened by the efavirenz in some patients. Other non-HIV drug related conditions are also possible/likely. KH

Viramune + Truvada lypodystrophy & other side effects
Erection Issues