hiv to aids
Jul 7, 2010
if i stop taking my hiv meds how long will it take before turning into aids
Response from Dr. Henry
The risk for development of AIDS after stopping HIV treatment is highly variable. The health risk of stopping effective HIV treatment extends beyond AIDS-conditions and also includes increased risk for heart disease, cancer, development of drug resistance for some regimens, and increased risk to transmit to other persons under some circumstances. Risk depends on past CD4 counts and other health variables. I recommend discussing with you HIV specialist to individualize the assessment. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.