Atripla & Cleanse

Hi, I recently started a cleanse sistem from ISAGENIX. With other produts they promise that my mood, sleep, mental activity, body fat and some other things will get better, as well as cleaning my body from the toxins that we get from the air, food, industrialized products, and so on. Off course I thought that doing the cleanse will help my body to get rid of the toxins from my medication and help my body function better.

I've been undetectable after my third month on Atripa and my CD4 count has almost doubled now that I'm in the regime for a year.

I'm wondering if the cleanse I do (every day in the morning) which don't give diherrea or anything like that would be flushing just the toxins or my medication as well.

Thank you

There is no published data on that issue. There is also little to no good scientific published data as to the overall long term safety and benefit of Cleanse in HIV+ patients in general. The concern is real about whether the absorption kinetics of Atripla may be alterred by use of such products though often patient seem to do OK. If you continue to use Cleans inform your HIV specialist so he/she can monitor for loss of efficacy over time. KH

Light hemiparesis and Efavirenz/Tenefovir
Skin hyperpigmentation in AIDS patients = an hypophyse dysfunction?