Atripla Rash

How long does it take for an atripla rash to go away? Mine is very mild (does not itch). It mainly looks like splotchy skin. My doc is convinced it's due to the atripla and wants to me ride it out. I've been on atripla for a couple yrs and never had a problem before but haven't taken anything new. So my main question is how long do I ride it out? Also if I stay on it with a continued rash is that harmful to my health? I don't want to switch meds because I'm scared they won't work. I'm undetectable. Just curious how long these rashes last?

Atripla related rash (usually due to efavirenz component) usually clears after 2-6 weeks. If persistent and annoying then might consider a trial of an alternative regimen depending on treatment history and what drugs are available in your region. KH

HIV meds and Heart Safety?
epzicom