my doctor asked me to stop my HIV medication.

iam HIV positive i have been taking medication for 3years. but now my doctor say i should stop for 2 weeks because he want to change the medicine. will this make my disease worse since you are suppose to have the same levels of medicine in your blood. what shoul i do?

In most cases when switching/changing HIV meds would directly go from one regimen to another without a complete interruption of treatment (that can lead to development of drug resistance is some cases). There may be unique circumstances which in some case may lead to a recommendation to stop treatment for a while-that would be determined by consultation with an HIV specialist who is familiar with all of the factors for an individual patient. KH

HIV and gums
MAC in stool sample without symptoms and TCell count over 150