Atripla Rash

Hey, I was going great guns with Atripla, but on the 8th day i broke out in a rash which has progressively gotten worse over the past 4 days. When i say worse, i simply mean that it has spread out. It is not itchy, and it is not uncomfortable and i do not have associated blistering, fever or any other symptoms. I spoke to my doctor over the phone and while he didn't seem overly concerned, he was against putting me on prendisolene to reduce the rash. I am taking antihistimines. How long should i put up with the rash before giving up and trying new combination of meds? I've read the rash goes away after a couple of weeks, and I'm willing to wait, but i guess i want to know is what are the signs that i am never going to tolerate the Atripla combination?

Many Thanks

Rash usually clears after 1-2 weeks. Unclear whether prednisone actually helps any. Usually manage with fluids, antihistamines, and careful observation. If rash worsens with eye, mouth, breathing involvement then generally need to switch to alternative regimen. KH

Adrenal gland tumour
recent breakout in hives