both shoulder arm joints pain onset 2weeks

Being hiv/aids for 22 yr, on meds, I have just woke one day and the pain is terrible in my arms, shoulders. cant lift, cant dress, hurts to lay on arms or touch them. Hurts to hang arms by myside, or anyway I have my arms. aches just being still. my dr is a clinic Dr. and he has retired, all I have now is an infection D dr. is this comon with the treatment from the meds, the hiv, or is it something else. what kind of Dr do I seek for help? I have neuropathy in my legs can this be now in my shoulders too? thanks for all or any help on this painful matter.

Acute pain in arms/shoulders is not usual from HIV/AIDS or meds so you need a thorough evauation including looking at cervical spine to look for nerve impingement as well as joint/muscle status for the shoulder girdle. Hopefully the work up can occur promptly so a diagnostic and treatment plan can be devised to afford you some symptom relief quickly. KH

chronic hives followin pep treatment - truvada
Yellow Fever Vaccination and Being HIV+