joint and muscle pain

I started taking Norvir, Lexiva and Truvada a year ago. I started having joint pain for over 8 months. I have seen every specialist for this pain. Ortho, Rheuma, Neuro,and my regular PCP. I even changed HIV specalist 4 months ago. I am now hopeless. The only pain medication that works is Percocet. I am a health care worker,I dont want to tale schedule drugs and have to go to work. I have my routine visit with my HIV specalist today. Its rather unfortunate. I was at the checkout window and over heard him telling a peer about my pain.He was not aware I could hear him. He verbalized his "surprise" that I did not ask for pain meds. His rationale was,"he cannot find any reason for my pain'. So he briefly thought I was drug seeking. I came home and began surfing the net and found your site.PLEASE Help Me. Ps My CD4 count is >800 and my viral load is undetectable.

Muscle and joint pain is fairly common in the general population and maybe more so in HIV+ persons. Though your HIV regimen has not been linked to that complaint the timing is certainly suspicious. There are thus two issues. Are your meds contributing or causing the pain or,if not, what else could be happening. You probably have had a good general work up for other cause without identification of any other problems. One can impact which HIV meds your are taking so either a switch to an entirely different regimen could be tried on a trial basis or a careful drug holiday could be considered. If the pain doesn't change with either of those potential interventions then one could conclude that the drugs at least are not the cause. Numerous non-HIV conditions can cause pain as you describe including hormone problems, vitamin D deficiency, fibromyalgia, Lyme disease, many other drugs can contribute so I assume you have had a thorough assessment by the consultants you have seen. KH

management of alluvia toxicity
reyataz,norvir and truvada