|management of alluvia toxicity
Jun 9, 2010
Hi, i have a patient who has failed on alluvia because of toxicity just after a month of change from combivir efavirence due to virological and immunological faliure. what is the best substitute for alluvia in this case?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Alluvia (Lopinavir/ritonavir) can cause side effects often stomach/gut related. In most cases patients can switch the Alluvia to a NNRTI (such as efavirenz or nevirapine) or a different protease inhibitor (such as boosted atazanavir or saquinavir) depending on which drug are available in your region. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Pain In Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.