Atripla and PAD , also loss of sense of smell & taste

I have a patient who has been HIV positive since 2001 and was not on medication. She started Atripla six weeks ago and c/o lower leg pains. States it feels as if "all the blood is being pooled in her lower legs", feels relieved only when her legs are up (not standing) Can Atripla cause Peripheral vascular disease. She also was a Aromatherapist and states she can not smell anything since starting Atripla and barbecued on Memorial Day , experienced loss of taste and smell. Is this attributed to Atripla side effects? I have not heard of any antiviral causing this?

I have heard of or cared for several patients who had some peripheral neurologic and taste/small effects after starting Atripla-in some cases those effects were persistence so a change in therapy was considered (ie changing the efavirenz to raltegravir or a boosted protease inhibitor). Atripla has not been linked to peripheral vascular disease in the lower extremities. KH

Recurring Becteria Vaginosis
management of alluvia toxicity