On Rohypnal but still cant sleep.

I am a 19YO white woman.I am on Truvada and efavirenz and have been for a little over a year. When i started i was taking Truvada in th AM and the efavirenz in the PM. As i couldnt sleep the dr said to take them together in the AM. I still have insomnia (Averaging 2-3 hrs of sleep per night) and horriblr dreams. I have been on many types of sleeping pills and as a last resort the dr has given me Rohypnal ( 1-2mg per night) but still cant sleep. I am also on 400mg of serequal in the PM and before i started ARV treatment they put me to sleep but now they dont even help with the Rohypnal. What should I do. I live in Botswana so there are not many options! Please help as i am beginning to think that the ARVs are doing more harm then good.

Some patients have persistent difficult to manage sleep problems from efavirenz. I would discuss with your HIV doc whether a switch to nevirapine or a protease inhibitor is an option for you depending on which meds are available. KH

HIV
you guide