|atripla and Bacterial vaginosis
Jun 9, 2010
Dear Dr. I sent a question a couple of days ago with no response. I would really appreciate receiving your kind response on why I keep getting recurring bacterial vaginosis almost monthly now. I have been on atripla for two years and each time my Dr gives me metranidazole suppositories but it keeps coming back. Could you kindly advise what else i should do? I haven't take anything orally yet.
Response from Dr. Henry
To my knowledge Atripla use doesn't lead to increased risk for bacerial vaginosis which can be a challenge to treat in some patients. Restoring normal vaginal flora with active culture yogurt or other interventions might be discussed with primary care provider or GYN doc. KH
Loss of Testosterone
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
- Getting Rid Of Buffalo Hump On Back Of Neck
- What Are The Best Condoms To Use To Protect Against Hiv?
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What Is The Origin Of Gonorrhea?
- What Does Genital Herpes Look Like On Men?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.