Shingles & Hearing Loss

I have been HIV positive for 1 year, on Atripla viral load is undectable and CD4 at 208. Last week I was diagnosed with shingles all of them are on right side of face however. I am taking Acylovir but this morning I woke up and cannot hear out of my right ear, it does not appear the blisters have ruptured. I am extremely concerned, is this hearing loss perm?

The initial neurologic symptoms from an acute shingles attack often will reverse over time but they can persist. You may want to keep your HIV specialist informed of the situation and consider an ENT consultation to see if any other process is going on in order to maximally protect your hearing in your right ear. KH

cd4 and hepx
Loss of Testosterone