Extreme fatigue from Diovan?

Dear Dr H-

I am currently taking Kaletra/Truvada as well as pravastatin 20mg , acyclovir, flomax and diovan. I started the diovan about a year ago for high blood pressure causing kidney problems and since then I have no energy at all. On diovan my BP is ~100/50. It takes most of the morning to recover. All I seem to want to do is sleep on the couch after I take my morning dose. Is there a better alternative to this and do you think diovan is the cause? I used to take diovan/hct and it was even worse. I experience dizzyness quite often too.

Thanks very much.

Fatigue and dizziness can be due to the valsartan in Diovan as well as to excessively low blood pressure due to too effective response to the meds. There are likely many alternative BP meds that may be appropriate depending on many individual factors. A discussion onthis matter with your HIV specialist and/or nephrologist is recommended. KH

sound in my ear
cd4 and hepx