Swollen Neck Glands

I have been undetectable for ten years. CD4 around 500. Relatively healthy - no complaints. Until this year - my neck has been in a constant state of swollen glands. No sore throat, per se. Just two big golf balls on the sides of my neck. It feels like allergies, but this has gone past the "allergy season" . It seems to worsen when I'm in a very "air conditioned" room, or moldy and musty. I fear that I've developed severe allergies to dust and a/c and pollen. I've seen three doctors who all prescribe antihistamines and steroids. I took the steroids - which caused thrush. I'm in constant discomfort now and frustrated. Have you seen this before? Any more suggestions for tests?

A subset of HIV+ patients doing well on treatment seem to have persistent impressive localized lymphadenopathy. Most of those continue to do well overall but remain annoyed by local symptoms. If no other symptoms and not progressive a lymph biopsy is often deferred but that is a consideration of problem remains impressive and or worsening. A CT scan to look at internal and external lymph nodes in region may be worthwhile to assess the extent of the problem. KH

Bumps/Hives mainly on thighs
Does Truvada cause Phosphorus deficiency ?