|Colitis and HIV
Jun 4, 2010
Being HIV + is colitis a common among us. HIV brings on colitis?
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV infects the gut mucosa and even with effective treatment the gut may not return to normal. Some patients may have persistent forms of colitis and/or be more sensitive to other triggers for colitis (such as lactose or gluten sensitivity). Colitis is fairly common in the general population so can be tough to know with certainty if the HIV is a major factor in many situation. KH
sweat on my back
Alarming Results from Health Screening
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
- Oral Thrush Contagious Through Kissing
- Where Did Chlamydia Come From?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.