|Lipodystrophy causing nerve compression and shingles?
Jun 4, 2010
I have mild lipoatrophy in my buttocks and thighs and I wondered if the added sitting pressure on the nerves in those areas could cause a shingles outbreak because you are basically disturbing the nerves in those areas. I've been very stressed as well so that could add to it as well.
Response from Dr. Henry
Certainly some patientss seem to suffer more compression of leg nerves from sitting when they lose the "cushion" of buttock fat due to fat loss associated with HIV or its treatment. I am not aware of that triggering shingles in the involved nerves though that may be possible. If any reader has had experience with that or knows of a reference reporting such a link please post. KH
what should i do?
SEVERE PAIN IN WHOLE BODY
- Are Itchy Testicles A Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.