help

Hi Dr, Firstly would like to thank this site and all the Dr's here. My problem is nothing but confusion i got to know that i was HIV 7 months ago and i got my CD4 count 750 and my PVL 110 month and a half ago as till now i dont have any problems but the thought troubles me of how long will i live as i have a lot of responsibility on me for my family and well i have heard with my kind of status its yet a few years to reach for medicens as its very slow is it true also could you tell me if good medicines available in India as india being one of the biggest exporter of HIV drugs wats the life term expected also is it like normal daily life with some precautions. Wat should one take care of most of to b in best of health. I am sure u will be the best of help for me.

thanking you

The life expectancy for persons with HIV Infection who are being monitored and have access to effective HIV meds is quite good-in some cases can be similar to life expectancy of general population. I would continue to have your general health and CD4 count monitored. If your CD4 count falls < 400 I would recommend starting HIV meds. Access ti HIV meds in India is variable but good meds can be obtained. I would locate an HIV specialist that you feel comfortable with to follow you in the years ahead.

Kaletra / Epzicom - Would like holiday from Epzicom
HPV/anal warts