Kaletra / Epzicom - Would like holiday from Epzicom

My CD4 hovers around 400. Viral load undetectable for three years. Take Kaletra and Epzicom, no other medications. Experiencing some fatigue for a couple of years now. I know one common side effect of Epzicom can be fatigue. Would like to take a month off Epzicom, keep taking the Kaletra, to see if the fatigue is relieved any. What do you think?

Fatigue is not that common with Epzicom compared to other drugs and is common in general population so hard to pin down if Epzicom is primary cause. Switch to alterantive drug (ie Truvada or raltegravir) with observation for several months to track your fatigue level would be preferable to just continuing the Kaletra (I would be worried about viral breakthrough with just Kaletra-studies have shown low but present risk for that when used as monotherapy). Looking for other causes for fatigue (low hormone levels, vit D deficiency, sleep problems and many other possibilities) may be worth discussing with your HIV doc. KH

Dosage of cetirizine to control Atripla rash
help