atripla & cripto

i was diagnosed with hiv in 2001 and my cd 4 cell was over 1200.then in 2002 i had my daughter was on combivera for pmtct she came back with neg results had my twins in 2003 both negative one was 2.7 kg & the othe 1.4 kg but fine and neg.last year april was diagnosed with with cripto took ampotarism b for 2 weeks and fluconazole since.cd 4 count was 504 and viral was still undetecteted.dr advised me to start haart and has been on aptripla since cd 4 is 554 & viral still undetected.3 weeks ago i developed headaches and lumber puncher was done opening pressure was 57 lowered to 25. and no cripto, protein was 2.36 cugar 3 and 4 days later dr did another lumber puncher and opening pressure was 55 and lowered to 35 still no cripto, protein had raisen to 4.69 sugar was still 3.dr wanted to put me on tb meningitis treatment but later thought otherwise.was put on epilim for headaches & indomithacin & propranolol and now im taking atripla and fluconazole 400mg daily.so dr what should i do.im comfused about this.what could be wrong with me caz my dr's are pepelexed too.

Cant tell from your message whether cryptococcus was isolated from cerebrospinal fluid-if so then treatment for that is important until symptoms have cleared and spinal fluid normalized. It is unusual to develop cryptococcal meningitis with high CD4 count and suppressed viral levels but can happen occasionally. If you have had a splenectomy then CD4 count is misleadingly high. Your situation is unusual so mixed messages and uncertainty about what to do is not unexpected but frustrating nonetheless. KH

treatment iterruption
do any supplements help with neuropathy?