Stopping ARV treatment

In 2002 I started ARV treatment when my CD4 was lower than 200.Afer different ARV that I used I am now on Stocrin and Truvada my CD 4 count is 500+ and the virusload undetected. The problem I have is that these tablets make me feel as if I'm on a high all day, my focus,memory and balance is haywire. When I need to do someting important I stop my meds and feel much better and can do things I can when I medicated. I think a lot about stopping them and dont know what the long term effects will be?

Stopping your HIV regimen will likely result in return of the HIV virus to pre-treatment levels and a loss in CD4 cells heading towards your previous low level. That will put you at increasead risk for AIDS and non-AIDS related serious health concerns. I would discuss with your HIV specialist to see if there is an alternative (such as atazanvir or nevirapine) to the Stocrine (efavirenz) avhailable to you since that is the drug most likely making your feel high. KH

Reayataz and PPI
long term imovidin