For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

I have back and neck problems, but also have pain in my joints as well. Can the increased pain be related to hiv as well as structural problems?

Diffuse pain can be partially related to HIV infection or side effect from drugs but most often is due to other unrelated medical condition (osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease, fibromyalgia, and many others). A full history and physical examination is recommended to sort out the various factors in order to target further work-up and treatment options. KH

Is testosterone replacement counter indicated for HIV patients?