confusion

Dear Dr. Henry, Well heave read many of your answers and m sure you will answer mine too in the best way. I got to know i was positive 7 months ago and a month ago i found my CD4 was 750 and my PVL 103 where do i stand and is there enough time for me to start medication as of my figures as some Dr. do say the combination of my CD4 and PVL will take few years for me to move to medication. What are the best thing to be eaten is green tea good too.Also how do u see life expetation as of todays medication. Hope to hear from you on all these with the best.

Your short term risk for AIDS related problems is low based on your blood test results. There is no general concensus about starting HIV treatment for asymtomatic persons with CD4 count > 500. A large NIH supported study (the START Trial) is addressing that issue (pxs with CD4 > 500 randomized to start HIV meds now or wait until CD4 count falls to around 350). the concern is for health problems not traditionally HIV related (such as cancer and heart disease) with one large observational study (NA-ACCORD) showing that the low risk for death was increased (still low risk but nonetheless an increased risk) if HIV meds not started for those with CD4 count > 500). Many individual factors (age,heart disease risk,kidney status, liver status, pregnancy/partner issues, mental health, drug abuse, housing, food) enter into a decision about starting treatment so no one size fits all (hence there can be confusion with different answers for different patients). KH

Atripla and Degenerative Disc Disease
pain