How Can We Name It?

In 1987 Dr. Jerry Cade of Nevada had told me he equated the progression of HIV to the progression of aging. He even went so far as to hint at how old I as a patient was in AIDS/Old Age Symptoms, 60yr this visit and so on. I tell my Dr's now What can you expect at my AIDS? I see the term inflammaging being used but it does not fit what it is to be OLD AIDS in fatigue, multiple side effects from years of tocsic medication, tests after tests, X-ray after X-ray, Humpectomy, and so on Can You Name OLD AIDS. Please?, So all the Drs can use the same clinical term. It was done for CFS once it became an excepted diagnosis. Thank You Darren

About me: I am 48yr old. I have had the HIV Virus since I had surgery in 1984. I was sent to the Mayo Clinic in 1984 after the man who sold his blood that was used for my surgery died of this strange pneumonia (PCP) and cancer (KS). My blood showed indications of this Immune Deficiency Syndrome as it was first termed. I go to a new Dr. and try to explain OLD AIDS and I hope there can be a term. (Old AIDS Syndrome, OAS maybe?)

Interesting comments. The topic of aging and long term survival in the setting of HIV infection is a hot one in the field right now. There is no consensus on the matter or on terminology as your posting well notes. KKH

diarrhea
overdose