Starting Treatment

Hi Doc, My CD4 is standing at 271 and my Viral load at 92356. The last four months my CD4 was 343. I'm 1.68 meters tall and 55 kg in weight. I am honestly scared of taking treatment considering the side effects, loosing weight etc...Please advise what regimen should I start with.

The best regimen depends on where you live (which drugs are available) and many other individual factors (liver, kidney, heart status, ? hepatitis B, gender, plans for children and many more). In the US most of the HIV regimens now being used when starting treatment are well tolerated with success rates (controlling HIV virus and well tolerated by patients) often in the 85-90% range. Seeing a good HIV specialist is recommended to fine tune the recommendation of what is the optimal regimen for you. KH

Can't get the last 100 copies
HIV positive & on Truvada & stocktrin