Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

TEA OF LIFE (HERBAL) & ATRIPLA
May 2, 2010

Hello, My question is: Can I take the herbal tea of life with the atripla? it has benefits of helping with other ailments and it's awesome. Just want to know if it's okay to try. I really don't want to do anything that will hurt the progress that I have made in regaining my health back. I have truly come along way from the begining of my diagnosis. I actually didn't think that I would of done so well. might I add that I feel really great! Just want to keep maintaing my health. BTW in the begining of my diagnosis in 2007 my cd4 was 6 and vl 100,000..today 4/30/2010 my cd4 is 804 and my vl is undetectable. well my new blood work in regards to my cd4 & vl will be taken again on my next visit in which will be on 5/5/10.. I'm praying that my numbers will be even better. Here's to great health!!!!;-)

Response from Dr. Henry

Usually OK to take herbal teas with Atripla. You might want to show your HIV provider the package label that lists the contents to see if there would be any unexpected concerns. KH

Previous
Pregnancy
Next
Which of the meds I am taking causing this fat accumulation?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.