Apr 28, 2010
How do you take this big pill without cutting it? I ask My HIV Specialist about cutting and she does not know.
Response from Dr. Henry
Some patients take with various liquids such as chocolate milk, icy drinks, et cetera (discuss with pharmacist) to make swallowing easier. In some cases pill is cut but blood tests and even levels of efavirenz in blood may need to be monitored since drug absorption may be impacted in unpredictable ways. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Mutual Masturbation
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Purple Spots Could I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.